Join us for weekly Eucharistic Adoration here in the Holy Family Chapel every Thursday from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM.
We are looking to expand Adoration from 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM as part of the Eucharistic Revival!
Please consider signing up to be a regular adorer of Our Lord in the Holy Eucharist to our church.
As we all delve deeper into our faith journey during this year of Eucharistic Revival, we are emphasizing the enriching spiritual practice that has the potential to transform our relationship with Christ and strengthen our connection with the divine - Eucharistic Adoration.
What is Eucharistic Adoration?
Eucharistic Adoration is a profound and sacred tradition in the Catholic Church where we gather to spend time in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament - the consecrated host representing the body of Christ. During this time, we have the opportunity to enter into intimate communion with Jesus Christ, truly present in the Eucharist, and adore Him with our hearts, minds, and souls.
Why Should You Try Eucharistic Adoration?
- Encounter the Real Presence: Eucharistic Adoration offers a unique and transformative encounter with the real presence of Christ. Spending time with Him in this way allows us to deepen our understanding of the mystery of the Eucharist and experience the love and mercy that flow from His Sacred Heart.
- Find Peace and Solace: In the busy and chaotic world we live in, Eucharistic Adoration provides a peaceful and serene atmosphere. It offers a chance to unplug from the distractions of daily life, find inner calm, and seek solace in the loving presence of our Lord.
- Grow in Prayer: Adoration is an excellent opportunity to cultivate our prayer life. We can converse with Christ, share our joys, sorrows, hopes, and worries with Him, and simply listen to His gentle voice speaking to our hearts.
- Receive Blessings and Graces: Through Eucharistic Adoration, we open ourselves to receive abundant blessings and graces from our Lord. He longs to pour His grace upon us, helping us to grow in holiness and draw closer to Him.
What to Do in Eucharistic Adoration:
- Prepare Your Heart: Before entering Adoration, take a few moments to quiet your mind and heart. Bring your intentions, thoughts, and concerns to the Lord, and offer them up in His presence.
- Gaze Upon the Blessed Sacrament: As you enter the Adoration chapel, fix your eyes on the consecrated host, acknowledging the real presence of Jesus Christ. Allow yourself to be drawn into His loving gaze.
- Engage in Personal Prayer: Engage in spontaneous or structured prayer. You can recite prayers such as the Our Father, Hail Mary, or Glory Be, or simply converse with Jesus in your own words.
- Read Scripture: Bring a Bible and meditate on passages that speak to your heart. Allow the Word of God to resonate within you, guiding your thoughts and reflections.
- Spend Time in Silence: Embrace moments of silence, allowing yourself to listen to God's voice and be receptive to His promptings.
- Express Gratitude: Take time to thank Jesus for His presence, love, and sacrifice. Express your gratitude for His blessings in your life.
- Sit in Contemplation: Spend time simply being present with Jesus, offering Him your love and devotion through your silent presence.